What is Promotional Packaging? Why is it so Important for Marketing?
Promotional packaging is an effective marketing strategy featuring. It enhances the image of a brand and impresses the target audience with its design and innovation. The purpose of promotional packaging is to deliver the message loud and clear to the target audience.
The material, size, shape,and graphics of a promotional box require utmost creativity and attention. A smart and unique design enhances the brand image and helps customers recognize and appreciate your product.
Today, retail environments demand ever-growing innovation with creativity in promotional packaging. With a rising variety of products competing for space and consumers’ attention, competition is tough. However, some characteristics of promotional packaging never fails:
- Simplicity: Simplicity is the key to promotional packaging. Avoid complex designs or elaborate advertising ideas, which usually distracts the consumers attention from the product. Instead, give a short description relevant to the product in minimum words.
- To-the-Point: Choose one aspect to focus on and stick with it. Avoid clutter and use the available space judiciously.
- Attention Grabbing:The goal of promotional packaging is to draw consumer attention to the product and promote the product, not to admire its packaging and simply walk away. So, make sure the product is highlighted.
- Customization: Promotional packaging can be funky or elegant, colorful or dull, chic or earthy, casual or corporate, humorous or sober – the choice is yours. However, it also depends on the targeted customer base. So, do not use the one-size-fits-all formula here.
- Timing: Here, timing does not mean punctuality. It means the right time to launch promotion on schedule and prepare for implementation. Timing also equates to having the right foresight and deciding if all aspects of the launch are ready or not.
How to use Packaging to Promote Products
Packaging is crucial to promote a product. Good packaging with interesting aesthetics attracts immediate attention. Good packaging is also influential in making purchase decisions of products. Packaging and advertising lead to the success of a product.
It is very important to choose careful packaging design, which includes the entire look and appeal of the package. It is prudent to make the choice of packaging culturally acceptable to target potential customers.
You cannot send your products to customers in plastic bags or packages. Make sure to use the right materials and ensure that the product inside is undamaged. Today, potential customers expect environmentally friendly packaging. As a result, it is essential to use recyclable, sustainable, and biodegradable materials.
Symbols and logos have a long-lasting impression when applied to the package, especially by companies regarding their products and services as a happening brand. Remember, branded products have an added advantage over the non-branded ones. Then there are other successful products promoted through contests, competitions, discounts, and sales on their promotional packaging.
The key is to create a unique promotional packaging so that customers hang on to the products and enjoy it for times to come. A memorable promotional package, after all, is seldom forgotten.